If you want to spread what Montessori pedagogy is to wannabe / parents of your school. Or promote your organization by showing what Montessori pedagogy is, organizing of a public screening of “Let the child be the guide” is a nice idea.
Note : The movieLet the child be the guide is available in the following languages : French (original version), Spanish (dubbed version), English (dubbed version), German (dubbed version), Italian (dubbed version), with subtitles : Greek, Norway, Czech, Portugal, Poland, Chinese, Korean.
If you are a cinema operator, please click here.
Whether you are an individual, a non-profit organization, a teacher, …if you wish to organize a public screening, we suggest you to proceed as follow :
- Contact us to share your project and to be sure that we can organize a screening in your territory. We might be able to give you some helpful contacts with distribution or movie theaters networks, pre-written message to contact them , etc.
- Gather a maximum of people
We recommend you to speak around you about this project and start contacting people that might be interested in watching the movie in a perimeter of few kilometers around the movie theater (Montessori schools, parenting associations, ….)
- Several options are possible to organize a screening of the movie :
- The movie has already been released in movie theaters in several countries, it is for general public and it has won awards in festivals. Therefore many cinemas accept to schedule a screening without needing to rent a room. Sometimes, to lower the “risks”, you might just ask them to organize the screening on a day when spectators are less numerous (Monday or Tuesday nights, mid afternoon during the week, Saturday or Sunday mornings).
- You can contact your local movie theater and invite them to schedule the movie. Independant movie theatres might be interested in.
To present the movie you have contents and trailers on the website www.montessorimovie.com and a French press kit . You can get more details from them on the requirements to screen a movie with operating visa (we can provide a « DCP » format).
You can share our email adress with the movie theaters if they have more detailed and technical questions on the screenings : email@example.com.
- You can also choose a non commercial public screening, usually outside a cinema. You will then be the one directly registering the selling of the seats if you wish to go for a paid screening or to count the total of spectators if it’s a free screening.
You will have to find the location for the screening (school, café, local party hall, …etc) and paid to us a 2,5 euros fee per spectators with a minimum amount guaranteed. We will help you all along the project and will propose you the adapted tool according equipments available in the room (DVD, blu-ray, DCP). For this choice, please get in touch with us directly by email on : firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Propose a date for the screening and get in touch with us :
An end of week screening might be the right timing to make sure of the availibility of the public and choosing the dates with the operator of the local movie theater and our team. To contact us and share your project, please go to this page. Be careful on choosing the date of the event : it’s a movie mostly towards parents so pick a day and time suitable so they can bring their kids along with them (end of afternoon, Saturday or Sunday mornings or afternoons).
- Choose the speaker :
In order to have a real discussion with the public and therefore, we hope, changes on the Education topic, we highly recommend a debate after each screening. You can also interact with an educator or school director, a member of the national Montessori Association.
- Communication on social networks & medias :
We will send you a recap message with the JPEG format of the localized poster. We recommend you get in touch with local media & press and share the news with your network. To support you on this part, we will publish the info on our websites and Facebook pages, and you will be invited to be co-organizer of the event.